The Weight Loss Journey

Week 1: -2.5 lbs (145.5)
Week 2: -2.5 lbs (143.0)
Week 3: -0.0 lbs (143.0)
Week 4: -0.0 lbs (143.0)
Week 5: -3.0 lbs (140.0)
Week 6: -0.0 lbs (140.0)
Week 7: -0.5 lbs (139.5)
Week 8: +1.5 lbs (141.0)

Friday, March 26, 2010

Discipline... or Lack Thereof


Hey all...

Well... After a really great week of staying on points and making healthy choices, I had a whopping 42 point Friday. OUCH. I'm not so much disappointed with the caloric surplus that I accumulated, so much that I am upset with my own lack of ability to have a small treat... and then STOP. I ate two bowls of ice cream, 3 peanut butter cookies, a date square and more potato chips than I was capable of keeping track of. Ugh... I wasn't even binging due to some emotional tragedy that needed to be comforted. It was just a plain old lack of self-control.

For the remainder of the weekend I am going to practice saying no to a least a few dessert and snack choices that are made available to me. I am mostly terrified of allowing this lack of discipline sneak into other areas of my life. I have a choice when it comes to eating or not eating, what I eat, if or when I shall exercise, work, relax or have fun. I want that control to be at the forefront of my mind over the next 48 hours. I'll update on my success or failure after I've given it a reasonable shot. I'm sure with a little practice, I'll be telling that bowl of ice cream that it is no longer desired. Hopefully I find a little success and manage to transfer that skill more and more into every day life.

No comments:

Post a Comment